Stuffed Sweet Potatos
- 400 g turkey or chicken mince
- 4 handfuls of raw spinach (about one bag or bunch)
- 2 onions
- 4-6 medium/large sweet potatoes
- salt, coriander, kelp, garlic powder and basil to taste
- Optional topping – coconut cream
Bake sweet potatoes for 45 minutes to an hour until soft (can be done ahead of time and re-heated). Brown minced turkey in a large skillet. When it is almost browned, dice onion and add. When onions have started to soften, add the spinach. Sauté until all are cooked and spice to taste.
When sweet potatoes are soft, remove and cut in half lengthwise. In a large baking dish or on a baking sheet. Flatten the sweet potato a little bit and add a big scoop of the stuffing mixture to the middle of the sweet potato, evenly dividing among them. Return to the oven for about 10 minutes to incorporate flavours.
Top with coconut cream (optional) and serve.